Comprehensive exams include testing to determine the patient's ability to focus and coordinate the eyes, and to judge depth and see colors accurately. Once the exam has been completed, fittings for new frames and/or lenses are made if necessary or prescriptions for contact lenses and low vision aids are written. Grandville Optical can make referrals to appropriate eye specialists for more high profile diagnosis if needed.
Our Focus is You
John Schlafley and the entire Grandville Optical staff take the sincerest pleasure in taking part in your family's eye care needs. We are dedicated to providing the best care possible and helping our patients make the right decisions about their eyewear without pressuring them into purchasing unnecessary options.
Grandville Optical can provide a wide range of services including the following:
- Examine eyes for health and vision problems
- Diagnose of eye disease
- Detect and identify general health problems manifested in the eye (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, sickle cell anemia, etc.)
- Diagnose glaucoma
- Prescribe glasses or other devices for specialized vision needs such as hunting, computer work, playing piano, etc.
- Work with children, athletes, in need to improve vision performance in school or sports
- Work with schools and community groups on vision screening, career days, programs on eye care, etc.
- Work with parents and educators and parents to enhance the learning potential of preschoolers and students and to inform parents of the importance of preventive eye and vision care